Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

November 11. Veteran's Day.
Ever since I was little, Veteran's Day was a day that we got out of class to sit in the gym and listen to old men talk about the 'ole glory' days.  It's never really hit me about what it means because I don't know anyone close that has ever served for our country..
Well a couple of days ago a 'new' friend of mine informed me that he enlisted in the army.. He will graduate in May and then onto basic training.. Just for the fact that he's going to be gone and I won't be able to text or call him whenever I want to is going to be hard.. I still have until May to spend time with him and make more memories but it won't be the same.. I promised him, I wouldn't leave him alone and the terrible fear that surrounds him. I also told him that I would write so he'd have a buddy and wouldn't be alone.  :)



<3

0 comments: